Monday, December 1, 2014

Pretty & Cute Review


♥ Overview
On Black Friday (November 28th, 2014), I went to Pretty & Cute, a store that sells authentic Asian cosmetics.
In this post, I'll just be going over my experience and order with this super cute store (Warning: Photo heavy!)

Store
It's right next to the Asian supermarket store, Fubonn. There's other small places, shops, restaurants, etc outside of Fubonn, similar to a strip mall.
Address: 2850 Southeast 82nd Avenue #10, Portland, OR 97266 ♥ Phone: (503) 841-6974
The inside of Pretty&Cute is so... Pretty! I absolutely love how pink and pretty everything is.
The store is very bright and there's a perfume-y citrus? smell. They have samples of every make up item that's on display.

On top of that, their website http://prettyandcute.com is really pretty too.
Thanks to the graphic artist http://www.blossomgraphicdesign.com

♥ Sale
I've been to Pretty&Cute plenty of times, but never actually bought anything until Black Friday. They were having a 30% off sale ("Pink Friday") on what seemed to be everything in their store, so I figured, why not?
Although the "sale" really isn't a sale, if you compare their products to other websites selling the same stuff. Pretty&Cute products are extremely marked up compared to other vendors... So this "sale" isn't really a sale, it was more of being close to the actual price of these imported goods should be (or close to what other vendors charge). The reason I bought what I did buy, however, was because much of the Etude House Princess Etoinette series (the heart blusher and heart highlighter) are sold out everywhere else online. And the Lioele Secret Rich Pore Cream, after the 30% discount, was about the same price as it is online on other sites.

♥ Service
The clerks at their store are very friendly and helpful. I didn't talk to them too much (and this might be biased since I was the only one in the store...), I just asked one of the girl's if they sold a certain product (Lioele Secret Pore Rich Balm) and then she showed me to it. At the checkout, they bagged my three items into a pretty pink bag with pink tissue paper folded over like a napkin. All of the girls introduced to me different sample products that they included along with my purchase along with a brief explanation of them. They also included a make up bag by Skin79 along with a pink Pretty&Cute pen.

♥ Order
I definitely did some research before-hand on what I was going to buy here. I'm mostly interested in Etude House and Dolly Wink. Pretty&Cute stocks a lot of products under those brands. I also read a lot of reviews about Lioele's Secret Pore Rich Balm, so I was interested in buying that as well. I planned on buying items that weren't available online anywhere else on Pretty&Cute, and then make orders for other products in the near future on other vendors which would come out significantly cheaper than what Pretty&Cute charges.

Onto what I got: Heart Blusher, Heart Highlighter, Pore Cream, Make Up Bag & Samples

♥ Stock
The two products from the Princess Etoinette series by Etude House:
http://i.imgur.com/zAZb1sG.jpg

Etude House Etoinette Heart Blusher - $55.00 USD (Link Here) ♥ 30% Off = $38.50 USD
Etude House Etoinette Heart Highlighter- $55.00 USD (Link Here) ♥ 30% Off = $38.50 USD

http://i.imgur.com/nrG5XSM.jpg
The blusher color you could choose between Pink Petal Kiss (PK001) and Coral Masquerade (PK001).

Then from Lioele,

Lioele Secret Pore Rich Balm 20ml - $27.90 USD (Link Here) ♥ 30% Off = $19.53 USD


It supposedly does this:
♥ Conclusion
I'm very happy with my purchase. The colors of the blusher & highlighter are very radiant and bright. The matching puffs are very cute, but it's hard to identify which one is which as each container is identical. I can see how the pore cream would work wonders of those with large pores. I didn't see much of a difference on myself as my pores aren't noticeable as it is, but the texture of the cream is very soft and smells good too! I'd say that it doesn't act as a good primer however, as the make up on top (tried both liquid and powder) look really cake-y & flakey on top of it. Maybe it's only meant to be worn with the same brand of foundation?

Store-wise, I absolutely love the idea of having a "local" make up store that sells Japanese & Korean cosmetics. However, the price is much higher than other places you can get (if you're willing to wait for online shipping). So if you need something urgently (and live in the Portland metro area), Pretty&Cute would be perfect. But if you're very cheap and hunt down the "best" price of things like myself, Pretty&Cute would not be a good place. There are many reputable sellers on eBay who sell authentic Korean & Japanese cosmetics (location in Korea, I wouldn't trust China-based sellers).

No comments:

Post a Comment