Friday, August 1, 2014

MaidenClothing Review


MaidenClothing (Link here) is a Japanese store and web shop that sells second hand lolita clothing and some gyaru brands. I've ordered from them before, however I was not aware that they ship internationally until after using a shopping service and paying unnecessary fees to buy from them previously.

Overseas Order (Link here)
In order to buy from them outside of Japan, you need to fill out a simple form similar to this:
 
And then E-mail it to info@maidenclothing.net. It is a very simple ordering process, but they probably won't answer any questions you may have... After they confirm that the item you want is in stock (as it may have gotten sold out in their physical storefront), they will quote you on the price including shipping and then you will receive an invoice by NICOS. The entire E-mail is in Japanese, but it's very straight-forward. It's important to note that they only accept credit card payment via credit card (Mastercard or VISA card), no Paypal!

Onto my order...

I bought レディーローズ ワンピース  シフォン, or "Lady Rose OP" by Angelic Pretty. Stock information obtained from Lolibrary (Link here). I don't have the original link listing because it seems that Maidenclothing removes listings after you Email them your order form, even if you haven't paid yet! I feared my dress was sold out once I couldn't find it on their site anymore, but it turns out they just remove listings once someone shows interest (this may cause confusion!!). The price was originally ¥15,120, however I noticed a month or two later they lowered the price to ¥12,960. Not a bad price at all, I was trying to find this dress for under $200 USD and I finally have, so of course I had to fill out an order form and Email it to them! Unfortunately I didn't take any screenshots of the listing, but I saved the pictures:


 
They had three photos of flaws which aren't that noticeable and can easily be fixed!

Timeline and Emails!
On July 23rd, I E-mailed info@maidenclothing.net my order form. The same day, I received confirmation from them that my dress was in stock (they didn't answer my questions):

My main concern was billing and shipping. In my order form, I wrote down my address. However, I don't have a credit card so I had to use a friend's. Obviously the name and address on my friend's card will be different than mine... But they didn't have any issues with it and still shipped to my original address from the order form.

Shortly afterwards (same day, June 23rd), I received an E-mail containing the payment link from NICOS:

The invoice (the link above, which I forwarded to my friend to fill out) was very straight-forward, even being all in Japanese:
Step 1 was to confirm the order #, order details, amount, etc.
Step 2 was to enter in card info
Step 3 was to confirm card info, enter security code, and confirm payment
Step 4 was confirmation.

The next day, July 24th, I received an E-mail from MaidenClothing:

Shipping & Tracking (Link here)
Whenever I buy overseas using a shopping service, I never go by EMS shipping because it's much more expensive; but wow, it is fast! And the EMS shipment cost for this one dress (1800JPY) was not a bad quote

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/img/common/yubin.gif
taken from USPS.com

Packaging Photos:



They included a bunch of fliers from J-rock bands I haven't heard of:


My dress was neatly folded up inside plastic:


After taking it out:



Overall Conclusion
Communication:
MaidenClothing is very quick to communicate and respond, however they don't seem to respond to inquiries that don't involve an order form (and even then, they don't address questions you have). I understand they don't speak English well, so I feel it'd be unfair to mark them down on communication.

Shipping:
Paying 1800JPY postage for EMS is not bad at all for one dress! I noticed on my package they actually undercharged me, the actual postage was 2,040JPY. I'm happy with what I paid and how fast my new dress arrived! My dress was shipped on July 25th and arrived to me on July 29th.

Quality:
I absolutely love my new dress! Lady Rose is beautiful and I adore rose prints (hopefully one day I'll obtain eternal rose bouquet or romantic rose letter). I expected nothing less than the usual from Angelic Pretty's quality ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment