Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Bobon21 Taobao Order Review

http://terrayla.blogspot.com/2014/06/bobon21-taobao-order-review.html 


 Stock photos:







♥ Overview
Bobon21's clothes consists of Lizlisa, Bobon21, and Jnorii. I was quite hesistant on ordering from Bobon21 as the model is 158cm (about 5'2'') and many of the clothes are short on her! I am taller, but I took the risk anyways, and I am very happy with them ^ . ^ although much doesn't fit the way it should. You can buy their clothing at their taobao shop, however you will need a shopping service to buy for you.

♥ Quality
I am very impressed with the quality!! But bobon's clothes are a bit pricy for general fashion clothing, I consider it more gyaru. There is lots of chiffon, bows, lace, ruffles... It's like a more casual lolita (without being lolita at all... too short). All items are lined with a satin-y underlayer. Materials are very comfortable, lace is soft not scratchy, and all buttons are fake and for decoration only. Some of their skirts have built in lace bloomers! There wasn't any bad stitching, surging, or fraying as far as I could tell. 

♥ Sizing
Ideally, these clothes would fit best if you were petite between 4'11'' and 5'2''...Unfortunately I am a good 12cm taller than her (5'6''), so things aren't going to fit like they would if I was shorter In America sizing, I would say a regular S defines their sizing. All of their skirts have partial or full shirring, so the waist stretches to 76cm (30'') comfortably, but the best waist is <66cm (26'').  Length-wise, they are too short if I pull the skirts to my waist, they barely cover my bum.

Bobon21's "dresses" are practically shirts. That's okay though, because they are very short on her as well. The problem with being taller is that the bust line ends up too high up, making the flowy part jet out at the wrong spot (at your underbust instead of your waist, or half-way at your bust instead of your underbust). Height has as much to do with length as it does with proportions, so it's not just clothes being too short as a problem.

The blouses have elastic thread in them that helps aid shirring, but a lot of blouses have no shape. The blouses are very flowy like babydoll-style dresses, and because of their shapelessness, this is why it looks nice to have a skirt pulled up higher (waist) to add shape! But unless you are barely over 5 feet tall, the skirts will be too short to do that. A lot of their blouses however are loliable, and would look fine underneath jsk's.

♥ Conclusion
If you're not around the size of the model, chances are the clothing won't fit the way they should. Depending on how large you are, it might not even fit. With a 62cm (24/25'') waist, it's still a bit snug trying to pull up the skirts passed my hips. Let alone being thin and tall looks strange than cute as being thin and short, or petite like the model. I loved bobon21 the moment I discovered their taobao shop and have contemplated for a year whether or not I should order from them. I'm happy I finally gave them a shot and ordered from them even though some things don't fit properly.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this review! I've been thinking about purchasing from them for ages. It seems Bobon21 has become so popular lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a simple shipping fee comparison between the most popular Taobao agents for overseas Chinese and students as a reference, of course we should take customer service into consideration when we select Taobao forwarder shipping service, we hope that more overseas students as well as foreigners pay attention to select a reliable Taobao agent service to wisely shopping on Taobao.

    ReplyDelete